General Travel Information - FAQ
Before you depart on a trip - long or short, there is a lot to think about. We have put together a list of tips and things for you to think about in order to make it easier for you to prepare when your departure date arrives.
• Check- in time is two hours prior to departure for all destinations. You are responsible for checking the departure time for your flight is consistant with that on your ticket.
• Remember not to pack any sharp items in your hand baggage! Dive knives, tool kits and so forth should be packed in your checked in baggage. Regulators are okay to have in your hand baggage, but be sure that it is easy to access in case you need to show it at security control.
There is still a limitation as to the amounts of liquid that you may take with you onboard the aircraft. You may have a maximum of 100mL of fluids (hair gels, drinks, hand creams, etc) per bottle. Please note that baby food and formula is permitted. Package all fluids in a see-through plastic bag in order to show security.
• Check with your home insurance to find out what the terms are concerning lost baggage and missed dive days. Some insurance policies cover dive accidents, but it is necessary to ask for specific information and preferably to receive something in written form.
We recommend that you have cancellation insurance as well. This needs to be purchased at the time of your booking.
Travel insurance can be booked up until the day of your departure. The type of insurance that you require is dependent on the type of trip that you will be going on, the amount of days that you will be gone and the amount of persons that will be going with you.
Please ask us for more information: email@example.com
• Prior to departure, we recommend you to leave all details of your flights, hotel/ liveaboard, dive insurance number, passport and if applicable, group leader´s name and telephone number, with a family member or friend that won´t be travelling with you. You are most welcome to leave these details with us as well.
• Please note that the rules for entering or transfering through the USA, are constantly changing. Contact us for the most updated information, but please note that it is your responsibility to check the rules before your flight dates.
• Make sure that your passport is up to date. You should have a minimum of six months after the date of your arrival home and you should have two empty pages for any visas required. Note: Some countries require a passport to be valid for longer than six months. Please check with the country's embassy or with us.
• Besides the basic protection that the most of us already have (tetanus, polio and diptheria), you may need to extra vaccinations, malaria tablets, or the other depending on where you will be traveling to. Vaccinations should be started at least six weeks prior to your departure date, as several require more than one dose.
• Take important telephone numbers with you such as numbers to the nearest hospital, to SOS Alarm, to VISA or Mastercard, etc.
• Think about your home; who will water the flowers, feed the animals, empty the mailbox, shovel the snow?
If you know where you
want to go and you're ready to book, contact us using the details below, or click on the button to use our simple form
T +46 (0)301 21100
'panic button', answer the questions, and our friendly sales staff will be in touch with you soon.
Need some advice?
Our office is full of divers that love to travel and are happy to advise you in planning your next dive holiday.