Get Wrecked - Northern Red Sea Safaris
This safari departs from Hurghada and combines the most famous wrecks in the northern Red Sea with some stunning reef diving.
Diving Package Highlights
The aim is to dive the following wrecks including:
- El Mina, an Egyptian mine sweeper lying just outside Hurghada´s harbour
- Suzanna, a small pleasure yacht
- Carnatic, the tile wreck
- Giannis D at Abu Nuhas
- the Barge
- Ulysses (sunk in 1887)
- Rosalie Moeller
- Carina (sunk in 1926) lying close to Shab Ali
- Dunraven (sunk 1876) at beacon rock situated in the Ras Mohammed National Park
- Thistlegorm, which lies at Shab Ali
These wrecks are spectacular and make fantastic material for the underwater photographer being smothered in corals, especially the Carnatic, which sank in 1869. The famous SS Thistlegorm and the Rosalie Moeller are World War II wrecks and one of the highlights of this cruise.
The SS Thistlegorm was sunk in 1941, bombed by the German Luftwaffe, while on a mission to deliver a cargo of ammunition and other war materials to the British troops in North Africa. The Rosalie Moeller, carrying a cargo of coal, suffered the same fate just two days later.
In between wreck dives you will also visit the reefs of the Straits of Gubal, Gulf of Suez and those to the north of Hurghada. A variety of deep walls and hard coral gardens with an abundance of reef fish make them well worth a visit.
- Flight including meal
- Egyptian visa
- Meet and greet service by ST staff
- Transfers from the airport to the boat
- 7 nights in a shared double cabin with ensuite bathroom
- All meals, snacks, drinks (not alcohol)
- 6 days of diving @ 3-4 dives per day including guide, weights, weight belt and 12L cylinder
- All marine park fees and taxes
Note: You must be a certified PADI Open Water diver or the equivalent for this safari. In order to get out the most from your holiday, we recommend that you are certified to dive to 30 meters and are a PADI Advanced Open Water diver or the equivalent.
The safaris route is dependent upon the weather, wind, water currents, time, the participating divers experience, and all other unforseen events.